City of Marion
The City of Marion embarked on the installation of a 10km recycled water pipeline throughout the council area. The pipeline was designed to provide an alternative irrigation system to irrigate council reserves and provide a “purple pipe” network for new housing developments.
Description of work:
Working with Hydro Plan (system designer) and FMG (project managers) SADB successfully installed a purple pipe network.
The scope of work completed included;
- 10km of water main ranging from 125mm to 450mm PE pipe
- All works completed utilising HDD:
- road way & verge alignment
- open channel crossing
- rail crossing
- major roadway crossing
- creek crossing
- Civil works completed, included installation of Air Valves, Scour Valves and Hydrant Valves
- 31 reserves were connected to the network, including PRV valve assembly at each reserve