District Council of Mt Barker
Description of Work:
With the expansion of residential development within the District Council of Mt Barker area, the council was required to upsize and expand its sewage network. SADB is engaged in the design and construction of the upgrade and expansion of the network. The project team has faced many challenges from the installation of large pipe diameter, rock ground conditions, depth of installation, and tight grades.
Further Project Details:
Working in conjunction with all stakeholders, SADB is undertaking the following works;
- Installation of 355mm and 280mm PE pipe line via HDD
- 1,856 metres of pipe line installed to minimum grade of 0.5% grade, depth of installation ranging from 4 metres to 8 metres.
- Installation of maintenance shafts and manholes
- Ground conditions from shales, cobbles, sand stone and blue stone
- All works completed whilst maintaining access for residents, businesses and emergency vehicles
- Extensive customer consultation required on the project